|Back to List of Job Openings|
|Education Coordinator -- TechShop St. Louis|
|Location: St. Louis, MO|
|Job Number: EdCoord_STL|
We are looking for an energetic, focused and organized master of multitasking to take on the role of Education Coordinator at TechShop St. Louis. This is a full-time position.
TechShop's Education Coordinator plays a critical role in making the TechShop machine work like clockwork. The EC manages where, when, and how our members and non-members alike engage with all of our available education resources, including our incredible classes and workshops.
In this position, you will ...
- Have primary responsibility for scheduling and maintaining a vibrant, well-rounded monthly calendar of standard TechShop classes and special topic workshops that appeal to our community and local market
- Work directly with the General Manager to manage the resources of the Education Department to deliver on revenue goals each month
- Be the primary contact and steward of the relationships TechShop St. Louis has with its local independently contracted instructors
- Actively manage an enthusiastic and professional level of engagement among the instructor roster
- Strive to implement continuing improvements to existing curricula as well as develop new and custom programs and curricula for special workshops and institutional clients
|The ideal candidate will have the following experience and skill set:|
- Familiarity with the maker community; preferably a maker or creative in some way
- Fantastic customer service skills coupled with a passion for professionalism
- Ability to handle multiple high-priority projects simultaneously
- Flexibility, adaptability to change
- Ability to be interrupted without losing focus
- Enjoys making order out of chaos
- Attentive listening skills; ability to make easy conversation
- Intermediate computer skills including Internet, email, Word and Excel proficiency
- Ability to write clear, concise instructions and class documentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and great organizational skills
- Ability to form and maintain genuine connections with others easily
- Google Apps wizardry (especially Google Calendar and Google Drive)
- Experience with QuickBooks and Adobe software a bonus
Include, but not limited to, the following:
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Managing all scheduling of TechShop St. Louis’ wide variety of classes and workshops
- Overall managing of shop instructor and class calendars (Google Calendar)
- Communicating any issues such as cancellations and rescheduling with instructors/staff/students
- Assisting General Manager in identifying, hiring and training new instructors
- Assisting General Manager in managing instructor/contractor relationships
- Working directly with TechShop instructors to schedule/develop new classes and workshops
- Communicating with fellow staff members to ensure classes/events/workshops go smoothly
- Working with the Senior Accounts Manager to develop and implement training programs for institutional clients, including large corporations and universities
- Collaborating with Events Coordinator and Dream Consultant (DC) Lead to program shop resources for special events and projects
- Performing local outreach and development of community building events/workshops
Starting pay is $14-16/hour (benefits available).
Perks include software, tools and equipment training; full-access TechShop membership (plus 1 Friend or Family membership); free classes, workshops and attendance at special events; global network of talented co-workers; and an opportunity to be part of a local and world-changing company!
Sound interesting? Get started by filling out this TechShop St. Louis Education Coordinator application form.
Note: Applications must be submitted in this manner in order to be considered. Not all applicants will receive a reply. Please, no phone calls about this position.