|Back to List of Job Openings|
|Events & Outreach Coordinator -- TechShop St. Louis|
|Location: St. Louis, MO|
|Job Number: EventC--STL|
TechShop St. Louis seeks a Master of Ceremonies for our Events and Outreach Coordinator role.
The work of the Events and Outreach Coordinator supports the special events arm of TechShop St. Louis. By scheduling and producing special events, parties, teambuilding activities and corporate meetings, the Events and Outreach Coordinator brings a meaningful, well organized and eye-opening TechShop experience to groups of all sizes. In addition, the Events and Outreach Coordinator plays a significant role in building and supporting a vibrant and healthy membership community via management of our social media and marketing outreach efforts in addition to internally-focused TechShop member group activities and meet-ups.
This is a part-time (20-30 hours/week) position.
These include (though are not limited to) the following:
Additional Responsibilities in Collaboration with Other TechShop Staff
- Operating as lead logistics project manager for special event production, including on- and off-premise public, private and corporate group events; TechShop promotional events; and Corporate Partner events
- Coordinating space and material resources for events, including business with vendors (e.g., furniture rental, catering)
- Managing network of on-call event facilitator staff and volunteers
- Participating in shop calendar management
- Operating within event budgets
- Developing, updating and managing detailed event timelines
- Managing digital library of event dossiers and set-ups
- Recruiting exceptional talent to fill open positions for event staffing
- Tracking, verifying and managing event staffing invoices to ensure they are paid
- Working with the Education Coordinator to ensure there are no conflicts involving shop space, equipment or other resources between our events and educational offerings
- Assigning and directing staff for events (working primarily with TechShop department leads)
- Recruiting and assisting in training of volunteers and event facilitator staff
|The ideal candidate has the following experience and skill set:|
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Two years of event planning or equivalent experience preferred
- Able to lift and carry 25 pounds
- Exceptional customer service skills as evidenced by clear communication and diligent fulfillment of client needs (both external to and internal to TechShop)
- Comfortable and at home in a dynamic and changing environment
- Able to be interrupted without losing focus
- Listens attentively, can make easy conversation, able to make people feel welcome
- Enjoys solving problems for people
- Finds peace and purpose in making order out of chaos
- Ability to manage multiple projects with changing priorities
- High energy with positive attitude
- Able to help members, visitors and clients feel at home when visiting shop
- Ability to work flexible shifts
- Experience with careful record keeping; strong organizational skills
- Able to handle multiple high-priority projects simultaneously
- Basic to intermediate computer skills, including the Internet, email, Google Apps and Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with the Maker community (preferably a maker/creative/repurposer in some way)
COMPENSATION & PERKS
Starting pay is $14-16/hour (benefits available).
Perks include software, tools and equipment training; full-access TechShop membership (plus 1 Friend or Family membership); free classes, workshops and attendance at special events; global network of talented co-workers; and an opportunity to be part of a local and world-changing company!
Sound interesting? Get started by filling out a TechShop St. Louis Events & Outreach Coordinator application form.
Note: Applications must be submitted in this manner in order to be considered. Not all applicants will receive a reply.