|Back to List of Job Openings|
|Member Ambassador -- TechShop San Jose|
|Location: San Jose, CA|
|Job Number: MA-SJ|
We are seeking a bright, enthusiastic, self-motivated individual to drive the recruitment, onboarding, and retention of TechShop members at our TechShop San Jose location. This is a full-time position.The Member Ambassador (MA) is responsible for growing our shop’s baseline membership (not counting corporate members or institutional membership programs) through identifying, selling, and onboarding new members as well as retaining existing members. As MA, you will leverage your skills at inspiring others and your sales expertise to break down individual barriers to entry as well as recruit and activate new TechShop members with specific regard to new member sales, individual member outreach and retention, and TechShop community engagement.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The ideal candidate is an extremely personable and approachable individual driven by a desire to help others and achieve goals. As such, this person does the following:
- Acts as a tour guide for prospective new members and works to increase tour-to-member conversion rates
- Works in a support role to the General Manager (GM) and Senior Accounts Manager in providing tours to prospective/new corporate clients and partners
- evelops tour training programs for other TechShop staff and conducts training as necessary to develop stronger selling skills across the organization
- Works with the GM and TechShop senior management team to improve new member sales promotions, retention tools, and loyalty programs
- Tracks and reports key performance metrics, including tour volume, tour-to-member conversion rates, referral data, etc.
- Proactively engages members to ensure they are actively using their memberships and taking classes, focusing most on new members within the first 90-day window
- Provides support and guidance for new members and directs them towards resources to help them with their goals (e.g., specific TechShop staff, instructors, classes, other members, meet-ups, etc.)
- Reaches out to Gift Card purchasers/recipients and encourages activation
- Acts as initial point of contact for members seeking additional support and guidance
- Proactively engages members who have memberships that are about to expire or have just expired and works to keep their memberships in good standing through special offers and personal engagement
- Gathers, organizes, and distributes internal feedback from potential, current, and former members; makes suggestions for improvement based on this feedback
- Collects feedback in a variety of methods, including passive in-store suggestion boards, online engagement, and town-hall-style meetings
- Works with GM to create a sense of ownership and belonging among TechShop members by gathering feedback, responding to complaints, and implementing appropriate suggestions and improvements
- Works with the GM and store Leadership Team to create and improve community building programs, such as meet-ups, social events, and workshops
|The ideal candidate has the following experience and skill set:|
Click here for a full description of the position.
- Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills
- Fantastic customer service skills and a desire to work closely with people
- Intermediate computer skills, including proficiency with the Internet, email, Google Apps, and Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge and experience in the DIY community and Maker Movement
- Strong analytical skills; ability to support proposals and recommendations with compelling financial and quantitative information
- Able to stand and walk for up to 80% of the working day (giving tours requires the New Member Ambassador to walk new and prospective members through TechShop, including shop environments such as machine shop, welding studio, woodshop, etc.)
- Able to lift 25 pounds
$15-$18 per hour plus sales commission
- Software, tool and equipment training
- Full-access TechShop membership (+1 friend or family membership)
- Free classes, workshops and access to special events
- Amazing global network of talented coworkers
- Opportunity to be part of a local and world-changing company!
Sound interesting? Apply here!
Note: Applications must be submitted in this manner in order to be considered. Not all applicants will receive a reply. Please, no phone calls about this position.