|Back to List of Job Openings|
|STEAM Instructors (Summer Camps) -- TechShop DC-Arlington|
|Location: Arlington, VA|
|Job Number: STEAM-DCA|
We are looking for engaging, experienced STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, mathematics) instructors to teach classes to youth (ages 8-17) in a fun, healthy, and hands-on environment this summer at TechShop DC-Arlington.
We are especially looking for individuals who are familiar with vector drawing, 3D modeling, and CNC machinery. Instructors work as contractors. STEAM summer camp instructors may have the opportunity to continue teaching STEAM camps/workshops or adult classes after summer camp is over.
Summer camp sessions will run June 26–August 14th. Each 5-day session runs from Monday–Friday, 9:30AM–3:30PM. Instructors must be available to teach more than one week.
|Ideal candidates will have the following experience and skill sets:|
- Experience in instructional area
- Work well with many different kinds of kids
- Teaching or mentoring experience
- Ability to work well with others and accommodate changing demands in a busy shop environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Background check
- Start and end class on time
- Teach class content, as directed and in an engaging manner
- Teach and demonstrate TechShop safety rules, policies and etiquette
- Inspire and encourage young makers
- Promote TechShop STEAM programs, classes and camps to parents at the end of class
- Talk to participants’ parents and handle concerns, as needed
- Manage class paperwork
- Inform TechShop Facilities if class materials are running low
- Familiarity with vector drawing, 3D modeling and CNC machinery
- Volunteer experience or experience teaching children
- CPR/first aid certifications, teaching certifications, and/or being bilingual are plusses
$25/hour as a 1099 contractor.
- First month's TechShop membership is free, and instructors continue to earn a free membership when teaching 12 hours or more per month
- Training on tools and classes available
Fill out an application here!
Note: Applications must be submitted in this manner in order to be considered. Not all applicants will receive a reply. Please, no phone calls about this position.