|Back to List of Job Openings|
|Contract Curriculum Copywriter -- TechShop Austin-Round Rock|
|Location: Round Rock, TX|
|Job Number: EduCopy-COR|
We are looking for talented individuals with strong writing skills and a passion for making and building to help us take our class packets to the next level.
More than a building full of amazing tools, TechShop is a community of makers, builders, tinkerers, inventors, and interesting people.
Do you write in a fun, clear, and approachable voice, have experience writing Instructables or blog posts, and would you like to share your knowledge and expertise? We are specifically looking for those who are familiar with experience making in metal or textiles. Our copywriters work as 1099 contractors.
|The ideal candidates have the following:|
- Experience and proficiency in using the equipment safely and effectively
- Teaching or curriculum development experience preferred
- Reliability and professionalism
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Excellent grasp of grammar and written communication
- Ability to work to tight deadlines while also maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to organize and present information clearly and concisely
- Proficiency with Google Drive and Microsoft Word
- Ability to maintain consistent formatting
$20-$25/hour based on experience. First month's TechShop membership is free, and copywriters continue to earn a free membership when contracting 15 hours or more per month.
Compensation is paid 60 days after invoicing. TechShop membership stays active during outstanding invoices.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with 200 words on your experience making with metal and/or textiles and a link to your best writing example (Instructable, blog post, curriculum). No attachments please.
Applications must be submitted in this manner in order to be considered. Not all applicants will receive a reply. Please, no phone calls about this position.