|Back to List of Job Openings|
|Member Ambassador -- TechShop Austin-Round Rock|
|Location: Round Rock, TX|
|Job Number: MA-ARR|
We are seeking a bright, enthusiastic, self-motivated individual to drive the recruitment, onboarding, and retention of TechShop members at our Austin-Round Rock location. This is a full-time position.
The Member Ambassador (MA) is responsible for growing their store’s baseline membership (not counting corporate members or institutional membership programs) through identifying, selling, and onboarding new members and retaining existing members. The ideal candidate is an extremely personable and approachable person driven by a desire to help others and achieve goals. You will leverage your skills at inspiring others and your sales expertise to break down individual barriers to entry and recruit and activate new TechShop members with specific regard to new member sales, individual member outreach and retention, and TechShop community engagement.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Acts as a tour guide for prospective new members and works to increase tour-to-member conversion rates
- Works in a support role to the General Manager (GM) and Senior Accounts Manager in providing tours to prospective/new corporate clients and partners
- Develops tour training programs for other TechShop staff and conducts training as necessary to develop stronger selling skills across the organization
- Works with the GM and TechShop senior management team to improve new member sales promotions, retention tools, and loyalty programs
- Tracks and reports key performance metrics, including tour volume, tour-to-member conversion rates, referral data, etc.
- Proactively engages members to ensure they are actively using their memberships and taking classes, focusing most on new members within the first 90-day window
- Provides support and guidance for new members and directs them towards resources to help them with their goals (e.g., specific TechShop staff, instructors, classes, other members, meet-ups, etc.)
- Reaches out to Gift Card purchasers/recipients and encourages activation
- Acts as initial point of contact for members seeking additional support and guidance
- Proactively engages members who have memberships that are about to expire or have just expired and works to keep their memberships in good standing through special offers and personal engagement
- Gathers, organizes, and distributes internal feedback from potential, current, and former members; makes suggestions for improvement based on this feedback
- Collects feedback in a variety of methods, including passive in-store suggestion boards, online engagement, and town-hall style meetings
- Works with GM to create a sense of ownership and belonging among TechShop members by gathering feedback, responding to complaints, and implementing appropriate suggestions and improvements
- Works with the GM and store Leadership Team to create and improve community building programs, such as meet-ups, social events, and workshops
|The ideal candidate has the following experience and skill set:|
- Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills
- Fantastic customer service skills and a desire to work closely with people
- Intermediate computer skills, including proficiency with the Internet, email, Google Apps, and Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge and experience in the DIY and Maker Movement
- Strong analytical skills; ability to support proposals and recommendations with compelling financial and quantitative information
- Must be able to stand and walk for up to 80% of the working day. Giving tours requires the New Member Ambassador to walk new and prospective members through TechShop, including shop environments such as machine shop, welding studio, woodshop, and so forth.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
Sound interesting? Apply here!
Note: Applications must be submitted in this manner in order to be considered. Please, no phone calls about this position.